Saturday, May 31, 2014

Well It has been a few weeks since I set this up. The truck is nearly finished. I was delayed by work again. This project was only suppose to take me about 6 weeks but seems to be dragging it out. On of the first setbacks was the sludging I discovered in the motor.
I literally pulled the motor twice trying to solve why the valves, pistons and rings would sludge up after only minimal run time.  I broke this motor down a few times scratching my head at what I was seeing. Well to make a long story short it turned out to be crud in the tank. I put new gas in the tank on top of some thick oil substance from the old gas evaporating out over the years it sat.



   So this week I did the rear end, Center support and drive shaft u-joints. Rebuilding the rear end on a Toyota this old is pretty much a necessity. So I took my home made tool to press out the bearings and replaced both sides with inner and outer seals.  A little paint clean up, new wheel cylinders and some new shoes and she will be just like new

No comments:

Post a Comment